The EmbedReviews platform allows you to easily import your current reviews that you save in a spreadsheet or reviews you downloaded from third-party platforms. Once you do this, you can display them in a widget on your website.
To import reviews, you will need to make sure your reviews are structured in a spreadsheet according to the following guidelines:
Import reviews file specification
The Reviews Import tool accepts data in comma-separated values (CSV) file format. The first row of the template or data file contains column headings. Each subsequent row corresponds to a custom review that needs to be imported.
You can upload a maximum of 500 reviews in one file. Download the template file here.
name, review_date, rating, review_text, email, tags, custom_link, reviewer_photo_url
- name: Reviewer name
- review_date: You can choose the date format
- rating: Number 1 – 5
- review_text: Review text
- email: Reviewer email
- tags: Review tags, comma-separated
- custom_link: Individual Review link. This link will take precedence over the source link
- reviewer_photo_url: Reviewer photo URL
Required columns are name, review_date, and rating. The other columns may be empty, but they must be comma-separated
Import the reviews spreadsheet in EmbedReviews
Once you have your reviews spreadsheet structured as the guidelines above, you can go to your EmbedReviews account and just upload this file.
To do this, just follow the steps:
1. Click on 'Sources' and click 'Add new Source'
2. Look for the option 'Import reviews':
3. Choose where the Uploaded file to populate the reviews (1st field), and select the date format that you use in the CSV file (2nd field):
Now the imported reviews will show in the selected source and you can use them to create a widget that you can embed on your website.
Display imported reviews in your website
- Go to 'Widgets'.
- Click Create new.
- Select the source of the imported reviews.
- Once the widget is created you can use the edit settings to customize it.
- To display it, just copy/paste the provided code on your website.
If you have any questions or need help with importing your files please feel free to reach out to us on our live chat or send us an email at email@example.com
We're happy to help.