We added an option to connect your Google Analytics with the EmbedFeed platform and measure visits to your Feeds embedded on your website.
Please note that the Instagram feeds you create in EmbedFeeds are on our domain EmbedSocial.com (for example, when you click on the widget from your website it opens a link that looks like this: embedsocial.com /api/pro_hashtag....).
So when you add them to your web pages, each visit to the web page counts as a visit to the widget on another domain as well.
If you wish to track visits only on your embedded Instagram feed, we recommend to do so by creating a new property in your Google Analytics for the website where you have the widget embedded on, and use the new Google Analytics tracking code to connect it with EmbedSocial.
To create a new property, follow the steps below:
Login to your Google analytics account.
1. Click on the settings gear in the bottom left corner, and in the Property column click on Create Property:
2. Select Web and click on Continue:
3. On the next page, add a name, and EmbedSocial's website URL and click Create:
4. Next, get the tracking code:
5. Login to your EmbedSocial account, and open one of the feeds that you want to track:
6. On the settings on the left side of the widget scroll down and enable Google Analytics, and paste the tracking code.
Make sure to click on Save once you're done.
Now, to track your feeds go to the homepage of your Google Analytics account and click on All Web Site Data
And select the property you created.
For any questions or additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out and chat with us or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're happy to help.